For reservations and information or questions:
Carterville Acres Family Campground
93 Birmingham Drive
Camden, NY 13316
Carterville Acres Family Campground is located in Central New York in the Southern Tug Hill area, in the Town of Amboy. Easy directions and a map are on our Directions page.
You must be 21 in order to make a reservation. There is a 4 person maximum per cabin, 4 person maximum on tent sites with 1 tent allowed, 6 person maximum on RV sites with 1 RV and 1 tent allowed. Reservations recommended.
- Check in is after 1pm
- Check out is 11am
- No refunds after check in or for early departures
- Return cabin keys to office upon departure
- 2 vehicles allowed per site, visitor parking is available.
- All vehicles on campground must register & have valid car pass.
- All overnight visitors must register and pay a fee for overnight stays.
- All day visitors must register and pay a fee for the day.
- Visitors must vacate the grounds by 10pm.
- All reservations must be accompanied by a deposit. The deposit is your first night’s stay. You may mail us a check or money order. There is a $25.00 fee for returned checks
- Cancelation policy: All reservations require 5 days advance notification prior to your arrival date for a refund of your deposit less a $5 cancellation fee.
- The speed limit is 5 mph throughout the Campground and includes snowmobiles.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM.
- Fires are to be in designated areas only. Fires are to be kept under control and never left unattended.
- No littering. Carry in, carry out.
- Place garbage at the end of your site by 10:00 AM for pickup.
- Pets are welcome. They must be on a six-foot leash, picked up after and not left alone on site.
- Fireworks and firearms are prohibited. Hunting is not allowed in Campground.
- No smoking in cabins and bathrooms.
- Bicycle riding is permitted on Campground roads. 14 years of age and younger must wear a helmet. No bike riding after dark.
- Panther Lake and Carterville Pond may be used during the hours of 8:00 AM to dusk, unless there is a special event.
- There is no lifeguard on duty; swimming is at your own risk.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Boats of all kinds must be equipped with an approved flotation device for each person aboard.
- Non-motorized boats are allowed on Carterville Pond.
- Motorized boats are allowed on Panther Lake only.
- To rent a canoe or rowboat you need to be at least 16 years of age.
- In case of emergency, notify a member of our staff.
- Snowmobiles are not allowed on Carterville Pond.
- Do not pick lily pads (NYS Law).